Research involved: We will use pressurised hot-water to drill six boreholes, at four locations, into the Khumbu Glacier, Nepal. We will gather visual footage of the interior of each borehole and install a multi-sensor array at the bed at each location. At two additional boreholes we will install englacial temperature and tilt strings to determine the 3D thermal and deformation profiles of the glacier.
- People: Duncan Quincey (PI), Bryn Hubbard, Ann Rowan, Evan Miles
- Institute: School of Geography, University of Leeds (collaborators Aberystwyth, Sheffield Univeristies)
- Funding: NERC grant NE/P00265X/1
- Project website: https://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/research/rbpm/projects/everdrill/
- People website: http://www.geog.leeds.ac.uk/people/d.quincey